Xtreme Dynasty Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XDF - we put the 'X' in XTREME!

XDFHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Didn't Want To Do This...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Didn't Want To Do This... Empty
PostSubject: Didn't Want To Do This...   Didn't Want To Do This... EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 am

... But i'm going to be leaving XDF.

I left another fed for XDF but unfortunately this hasn't turned out too well.

The main reason I came here was due to the activity and the quality of the fed. However, it seems since i've joined, the fed has slowly dwindelled into nothing. There is no activity and the general standard of the federation has gone down.
- Summerized results - Never a good thing and i know Lauren was left hanging but when you get people rping hard (yes i know i didnt rp last week but The Player rped hard and got poor results) it's never good to read.
- Going bi-weekly - I prefer feds that are weekly
- Not much of a roster - It seems XDF has a few people playing mulitple characters which is never great when you don't have much of roster.

Obviously this post isn't to just rip on XDF but I'm just outlining the reasons for me leaving are simply because the fed doesn't offer me the things i joined up for. I know running a fed is hard and with Lauren Winters moving houses etc. she isn't around. It is good that she has people to keep things running here but unfortunately, i can no longer stay here.

I know it was a short stay but I'm glad i have encountered the people i have here. If there is 1 thing XDF still has... that's nice people here.

I wish everyone the best of luck and hope that XDF picks back up.

All the best.

The Gift

AKA Alec
Back to top Go down
Lauren Winters
Admin
Lauren Winters

Number of posts : 1259
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Didn't Want To Do This...   Didn't Want To Do This... EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:34 am

I'm really sorry to hear this.

When I spoke with some staff members about turning bi weekly, we agreed it was for the best since I would be gone and to help give the staff members time to recruit. We don't as of right now have a large enough roster to have a different card each week, so the bi weekly thing would actually be beneficial. At least this way, the staff members had control of the forum without having to worry about that and then RPing as their characters.

When I spoke with you before, I had notified you that this is a rough month right now and it's a rough patch that we'd had to ride out about a year ago. I didn't want to close the fed down for the month I was moving because I was more afraid that that alone would cost me members because nobody would want to wait around for a fed that's on hiatus.

I'm very sorry for the summarized results as well, but when personal issues come up, you have to tend to them first. With moving and arguing with my family and work, I've tried my hardest to continue to make this site a part of my priorities, but having an overflow of everything happen to you at once, I couldn't dedicate myself to this site, and at least I'm open enough to admit that there is no way I could dedicate myself to this site while I am in the process of moving.

The reason why the members here are so patient with how we run the card, is because when we previously shut down, we had members who were still loyal enough to even wait until we reopened. For that, I'm thankful for those members. However, I have no control over a forum with no activity, as I stated in my previous post - you can only make yourself active and nothing else. If the site is STILL inactive, at least you can say you tried.

So I apologize you'll be leaving us, and I am pretty disappointed, but I wish you well and hope to see you back on the roster again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xtremedynastyfederation.com

PostSubject: Re: Didn't Want To Do This...   Didn't Want To Do This... EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks for that Lauren.

I hope i didn't come across as putting my leaving on you. I understand real life comes first... pretty much the golden rule of fedding bar "having fun".

I feel bad for going because people like you have been so welcoming but I'm currently looking for a fed that is more active and has things going on. In all honesty, i think i may be falling out love with this game i need to find another fed to call "home" and see how long i can stay for. Otherwise i will keep finding excuses to leave.

I know you said this place is going through a rough patch like it was a year ago but unfortunately i'm too impatient to be waiting around. Don't feel you have to apologise for the summerized results. Like you posted, you were left high and dry from your staff. Without you putting that effort in, we wouldnt have had any results at all. I know you have no control over activity and that unfortunately is something that i am big on in an efed. I've tried to stay active but you can only do so much.

Like i said previous, i wish XDF all the best.

and to you Lauren, i hope you get everything sorted in your personal life.

if any of you have msn messenger, albie15uk@hotmail.com << add me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Didn't Want To Do This...   Didn't Want To Do This... Empty

Back to top Go down

Didn't Want To Do This...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xtreme Dynasty Federation :: OCC-
Jump to: